My Haberdashery Christmas Tree

I love making Christmas Tree cards. There are so many different ways to make a Christmas Tree aren't there? And decorate them too. I love playing about with the trimmings on a Christmas Tree card and just piling it all on!

Many of the cards which are my personal favourites from amongst all the cards I've ever made are Christmas Tree cards. Like this *Pom Pom Tree card*, and *this one* made from circles. I still like *this one* too, even though it is from too many moons ago, made from strips of card.


My card today is similar. Although today I'm using papers rather than card to make my tree. They're from the newly released 'Joyeux Noel' Pattern Paper Pack : ) Cutting strips about 1cm deep, & stamping my sentiments straight onto them, I simply arranged them onto my card with some pretty lace & beaded haberdashery trims and finished it with some small pom poms & sequins, & a lovely silk bow to the top to finish.

The backing paper I've used is actually cut from a spare envelope. It's one of these … the Chalk Recycled Cards & Envelopes Set from Paperchase. I use these cards & envelopes quite a lot. The cards are a nice size to work with (135mm square), they're textured, but just softly so & they are a really gorgeous neutral colour. But because I like to mix and match my cards & envelopes, I don't always use an envelope when I use a card. So at the moment, I have rather a lot of these envelopes to use. So today, one of them is a backing paper : )



If you haven't yet seen the new 'Joyeux Noel' papers, you can find them *here* in the boutique.



Card Credits
Card Base: 135mm Square Card
Patterned Papers: Joyeux Noel
Sentiment: Dovecraft Alphabet Stamp Set (DCVW0050)
White Silk Ribbon: May Arts
Beaded & Tiny Scalloped Lace Trims & Mini Ric Rac Braid, Small Pom Poms & Sequins

2 comments on My Haberdashery Christmas Tree

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Tracey : ) I hope you enjoy making one. They're great fun to make!
      Liz
      xx

      Delete