My New Colours





This is the first card I've created using my pretty new colours : ) And I've used 4 of them - Fresh Celery, Sweet Bohemia, Sweet Apricot & Peppermint Cream - with a colour from the original Colour Palette, Irish Linen. All on one card. And I love them.

I wanted a colourful card, with a simple & clean style and maximum impact for my new colours. So I chose a plain white background, because a white background will always give any colour maximum impact, and splashes of colour, highlighted with big, bold, co-ordinating buttons, adding just a touch of neutral with the Irish Linen and Button Twine to 'ground' the design.

This is how I made it ... .



You will need ...
A6 White Card Blank.
Scraps of Patterned Paper cut into circles slightly larger than ...
... Co-ordinating Buttons
Sentiment printed on 300gsm White card
Kraft Button Twine
Small Pearls & Buttons


1. Cut out your sentiment so it measures 1cm less in both width and height than your card base. Tie your Kraft Twine around it and into a bow.


2. Secure your sentiment to your card base, using 3D foam pads to give it depth and dimension, and leaving a 0.5cm border around it on all four edges.


3. Stick down your circles. I've used a combination of scrunched up paper. And card. And I've mounted the card circles with 3D foam pads for dimension.


4. Add your co-ordinating buttons.


5. Complete your embellishment with pretty little pearls and smaller buttons. And your card is finished!


Simple! A simple design, that is simple to make but with colour, layers and big buttons to give impact, and a lovely depth and dimension to the finished design.

And a lovely way to use all those big buttons that linger in the bottom of my button jars too!



Card Credits
Card Base: Hand cut from 340gsm White Card from Century Paper on eBay
Sentiment: 'Thank You' Sentiments , printed onto the same card
Pastel Buttons, Kraft Twine & Pearls from The Ribbon Girl
Kraft Button from my local haberdashery

11 comments on My New Colours

  1. This is beautiful - just like your new colours!!
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card and loving those pretty new colours too Liz :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Liz... I made my first cards today using peppermint... but you will have to wait until Monday to see ....

    Jen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful Liz...the colours look fabulous!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Liz, This is lovely and the colours are gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card, thanks for the tutorial. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful Liz...simple cards that look stunning!!! have only just come across your blog through Jules's link..it's so full of inspiration and beautiful papers too!!
    Marjorie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card, great way to use up scraps and those buttons look like they were made to match the new colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card and beautiful new colours x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card & i defo agree...great way to use your scraps & love your use of the buttons, looks very effective!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete